A much travelled concert artist, Marina has performed at the 20th Century Fox Studios, Los Angeles, in St. Louis Missouri [ for the Bush family] and at Nashville, Tennessee. She has also performed to critical acclaim for many prestigious state and public events in England, including performing at Kensington Palace, London and at Michel Roux’s famous restaurant in Maidenhead. On the continent of Europe she has had concerts in France, Germany, Holland, Denmark and Jersey.
Marina has made a number of television appearances for RTE and is in constant demand in concert in this country. This highly gifted singer and musician finds her greatest sense of achievement and artistic fulfilment in singing and performing the music of her native land as was greatly appreciated in the programme she presented to the Guild of Musicians & Singers in London, recently.
Marina Cassidy – Harp & Voice and Declan Walsh – Piano.
1. An Ros Dubh & Caoineadh Deirdre [ The Black Rosebud & Deirdre’s Lament]
2. O Men from the Fields [ Colum / Hughes]
3. The Fairy Lough [ O Neill / Stanford]
4. Bridget Cruise & Carolan’s Concerto [ Carolan]
5. I Dreamt that I dwelt in Marble Halls [ Balfe]
6. She is far from the Land [ Moore / Lambert]
7. The Desire for Hermitage [ Barber]
8. The Monk and his Cat [ Barber]
9. Farewell to Music [ Carolan]
10. Wonderchild [ Mc Carthy]
11. The Last Rose of Summer [ Moore]
So many of you contacted us to pass on your thanks to the duo for their captivating performance
– something we shall all remember for a long time.
We hope to see them again some day.